In Enkku teaching is taken care of by teachers with English as their native language. The fundamental red line in the education Enkku offers is respect for the ethical values. While the child is learning good manners and own work and those of others, he/she is growing in confidence in general and with social skills.
SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018
10.8.2017 – 22.12.2017
16.10.2017 – 22.10.2017
8.1.2018 – 1.6.2018
26.2.2018 – 4.3.2018
Thursday 10th of August: Term starts for Preschool
Kindergarden starts Friday 11th of August
Daycare starts 1st of August
Enkku school is adhering to the preschool timetable set by the Tampere City.
Enkku Daycare is located on the edge of Pyynikintori and offers language immersion daycare services for 3-5-year-olds. Language immersion method provides the child a soft start to learn a new language through songs and playing, but also by using the language in daily routines. In order to support the learning of English, the children participate in the Kindergarten class at the age of five, from where they have a possibility to continue to our pre-school. Kela's Private Care Support can be applied for daycare.
Kindergarten for 5-year-olds, and in some cases also for 4-year-olds. In Kindergarten we start learning English vocabulary by playing and singing. Also homework and sitting at own desk becomes normal for the children. Our long experience has proven that 2.5 hours of teaching per day is optimal for a child of this age. Through Kindergarten child’s vocabulary is improved to a level that is enough to move to English-speaking preschool and from there potentially to English-speaking schools in Tampere region. Children who used to go to Kindergarten continue to in Preschool-group when they are 6 years old. There is no need for the child to speak English before entering Kindergarten.
Teaching from Monday to Friday: Morning (AM) group 8:30-11:00, Afternoon (PM) group 12:00-14:30.
Preschool for 6-7 year-olds. In preschool we extend the english vocabulary and develop the readiness to start the school in the next year. Songs, stories, and games are encouraging to use English spontaneously in normal situations.
Preschool is approved by Tampere City official preschool curriculum and there is no fee for children to attend preschool. After the preschool the children have the skills to apply to English-speaking classes in Finnish International School of Tampere (FISTA) or to Tammela school. Group size is 13-20 children, and there are 2 groups.
Teaching from Monday to Friday from 9am to 1pm.
Enkku schools offers the possibility to extend the preschool day with an afternoon club to make it whole-day care for your child. School doors open at 7:30am and close at 5pm. Morning and afternoon care is guided, including outdoor playing in nearby parks, games, plays, and a snack.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB
Afternoon club for 1st/2nd graders. Afternoon club is getting fresh air after school by playing in nearby park until 2pm. After that children are served snack at Enkku. After the snack, there is a calm period to do homework. Afterschool club is finishing with games and playing. In addition to afternoon club it is also possible to bring your child to Enkku in the morning. School doors are opening at 7:30am and closing at 5pm.
Language club for 7-10 year-olds once a week. Club activities include discussing and doing things in English. It is a great way to maintain established language skills through versatile activities carried out together.
Teaching takes place on Thursdays 3pm-4pm.
- School needs to be reached on time.
- Children take off and clean their shoes downstairs and take them upstairs. In case parents escort their children upstairs, they leave their shoes downstairs.
- Running is not allowed in stairways and corridors. Also, children being extensively noisy is not allowed.
- Clothes are left in pre-named places and sneakers are put on. Sneakers can be stored in the school.
- Caps and gloves are put in the school bag for the duration of the school day.
- School bags are left in the racks, only books are taken to the classroom. School bags need to be big enough to fit A4-sized book.
- Clothes, shoes, and schoolbag need to have a nametag.
- It is recommended to cover the book and pack it in a see-through plastic pocket.
- In the school, good manners are adhered to in addition to the rules and guidance given by the teachers.
- It is not allowed to bring own toys or games to the school, apart from special days when it is allowed.
- If child’s teacher thinks, that child is not suited for the school, he/she will discuss the matter with parents.
- Board has the right to suspend the child for set period of time.
- At the end of the school day either parents or day-care pick-uppers will wait for children outside of the school.
- Being late or absences need to be informed to the child’s teacher. Most handy way to do this is by using text message: 050-345 3844
- At the start of the new term, teacher is being informed about child’s arrangements for school pickups. Changes are to be told to the teacher.
- For safety reasons, school door is kept locked. At the left hand side there is a doorbell. Kindly show the doorbell also to the child and teach him/her to press it in case of an emergency.