At Enkku teaching is given by energetic and professional teachers with English as their native language or at a native language level. In our education we highlight ethical values, and we aim to teach children to value every person´s individual work. While learning this, their self confidence grows and they are gain more social skills.
Groups, Tuition fees and School rules
Age group: 3-5 years old
Opening hours: daycare is open from Monday to Friday, 7:30am-5pm.
Term fee: Kela’s private care support can be applied for daycare. Without Kela´s support the monthly fee is 790€/month, but after the support it is approximately 317€/month.
Enkku Daycare is part of Enkku, located on the edge of Pyynikintori and offering language immersion daycare for 3-5-year-olds. Language immersion method provides the child a soft start to learn a new language through songs and play, but also by using the language in daily routines. In order to support the learning of English, the children participate in the Kindergarten class at the age of five, and after kindergarten children have a possibility to continue to our pre-school.
Age group: (4)-5 years old
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday. Morning group 8:30-11:00AM, Afternoon group 12-2:30PM.
Term fee: 580 €/semester + book fee
Our English speaking club for 5-year olds is taught by an experienced, native English tutor. Your child does not need any English skills beforehand to attend the kindergarten club. In the club children will play, sing and learn simple everyday vocabulary in English, as well as some skills for school such as sitting in his/hers own place and doing simple homework. Through our experience we have come to the conclusion that 2,5 hours is optimal time for a child at this age to learn, and after the lessons those children signed in for Enkku Daycare spend the rest of their day in the environment supporting their language learning. In Kindergarten Club your child will gain enough language competence to continue in our English-speaking pre-school. Children who have completed kindergarten will continue in Enkku preschool at the age of 6.
Age group: 6-7 years old
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday, 9AM-1PM
Term fee: Preschool is approved by Tampere City official preschool curriculum and there is no fee for children to attend. Those children who wish to attend the pre-school but live in other municipality than Tampere need approval from their own municipality.
In preschool we extend the English vocabulary and develop the readiness to start the school in the next year. Songs, stories, and games are used to encourage the use of English spontaneously in normal situations. After the pre-school the children have the skills to apply to English-speaking classes in Finnish International School of Tampere (FISTA) or in Tammela school. Group size of the pre-school is 13-20 children, and there are usually two groups.
Age group: 6-7 years old children attending to pre-school
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday. In the mornings 7:30AM-9:00AM, in the afternoons 1PM-5PM.
Term fee: Monthly fee paid by parents 225€/month, including morning care. The total expense is 409,16€/month, including the monthly fee paid by parents (225€/month) and Kela support paid directly to the producer of the service.
Enkku school offers the possibility to extend the preschool day with an afternoon club to make it whole-day care for your child. School doors open at 7:30am and close at 5pm. Morning and afternoon care is guided, including outdoor playing in nearby parks, games, plays, and a snack.
After School Club
Age group: 1st-2nd grade school kids
Opening hours: after the school day ends
After school club for 1st and 2nd graders. After school club offers children a chance for daily outdoor activities. They also get help to complete their homework and a chance for both free and guided play, a snack, handicrafts and projects and other different kinds of activities.
Age group: School children (1-4th Grade)
Opening hours: every Thursday 3pm-4pm
Semester fee: 140 €/semester
Enkku Cooking Club
Children will be taught cooking terms and quantities in English. The group will also make and taste the food they make on a regular basis.
GENERAL TERM FEES
The English School of Tampere is owned by Friends of English School of Tampere Association, which is a non-profit organization. All the parents of Enkku children are members of this organization, and the association fee per family is 20€/year. Registration fee is 40€ and it is paid once when the child is registered as a student.
- Children need to be at school on time.
- Children should take off and leave their shoes downstairs. In case parents escort their children upstairs, they leave their shoes downstairs or use plastic shoe covers.
- In stairways and corridors children should be walking and keeping their noise level low.
- Children should leave their clothes, caps and gloves in pre-named rack places or school bag and put on slippers/indoor shoes. Indoor shoes can be stored in the school.
- Children should have a proper gear for going outside in any kind of weather.
- School bags are left in the racks, only books are taken to the classroom. School bags need to be big enough to fit A4-sized book.
- Clothes, shoes, and school bag need to have a name tag.
- It is recommended to cover the book for school and pack it in a see-through plastic pocket.
- Common rules and teachers´ guidance are to be followed in the school.
- Toys and games from home are allowed in the school in special days.
- If a teacher observes that a child is struggling to adapt to school, they will discuss the matter with parents.
- Board has the right to suspend the child for set period of time.
- Being late or absent needs to be informed to the child’s teacher. Most convenient way to do this is by using text message, please confirm the right number from your child´s teacher.
- At the start of the new term, please inform your child´s teacher is about any special arrangements for school pick-ups. Let the staff know if there are any changes.
- For safety reasons school door is locked during the day. At the left hand side of the door there is a doorbell. Kindly show the doorbell to the child and teach him/her to press it in case of an emergency.